I bought Xiaomi Redmi 2 online from Lazada. The main reason i bought this is because the price match with pocket and the specs is good enough to support my daily job as IT staff. Below is some great reasons you may find it useful for you:
1. Fast internet browsing Even i am not on LTE network yet, i experience faster internet browsing comparing with my old phone using the same SIM card. The only problem with this is my quota reach its peak in very short time 🙂
2. Voice clarity Every time i make or receive phone call i can hear very clear the voice of other party even when i receive phone from my colleague from Cambodia. It seems he call me from the same town. Before i have to use whatsapp instead of phone call to avoid miss understanding when communicate with my wife, but now i can talk crisp and clear with her.
3. Camera with vivid color and good to capture moving objects My friends always want to use my redmi 2 when took pictures because its quality. When capture moving object it also have good quality. However when zooming the object the picture is not to focus. The front camera can predict age and gender of person, although it may predict wrong age but it’s really nice to have this feature.
4. Glossy look Its glossy and dark give always new look easy to remove stain and dust.
5. 4.7 inch display match with my pocket size Although 5 inch and more display give better experience when playing games. I prefer use 4.7 inch phone to fit with my pocket and convenience when grasp the phone.
6. Radio can on without earphone. Although you may not hear the radio clearly without antenna/earphone but Redmi 2 radio can operate without earphone. I never found this with my previous phone.
7. GPS fast locking
Everytime i go to work, i always check my Google map to find out traffic condition on the road we will travel. There is indicator in green, yellow and red to indicate traffic density. With fast lock GPS and its accuracy very helpful to my daily journey.
8. VPN work using only its build in VPN setting With my previous android phone i need to root and install special apps just to be able to connect to my office VPN. With this phone i can configure using it’s build in VPN feature. Name is anything descriptive, choose TYPE, choose IPsec Xauth PSK if using Cisco VPN client. Server address same as Host row in the Cisco VPN client picture. IPsec identifier same as Name row in Cisco VPN client picture. IPsec pre-shared key same as Password row in Cisco VPN client picture.
9. Different indicator lamp color for calls messages, and other notification This is very helpful when you receive new message we can set it to light in green and when received missed calls the light we can set red and for other notification we set to light yellow or other color you like. To set this go to Settings, additional settings, notification light.
Some minor problem i found with Redmi 2:
1. I found it very hard to open the case by nail. I made scratch on the casing after i tried to open it with metal object. So don’t even try it, use only plastic device to open, i finally able to open by plastic spoon help.
2. Mediocre battery life. I am active in using email, camera, and internet. I found it only last a day from 100% to 14% battery life. I went to office at 6:30 and need to charge it full at sleep time.
Specification of Redmi 2:
Snapdragon 410 64-bit / 4G Dual SIM / Display 4.7″ IPS HD / Camera 8MP f/2.2
64 bit processor cortex A-53 (better from Cortex A-7)
Up to 150 Mbps download in LTE network IPS Sharp/AUO 4.7″
fully laminated display with 1280×720 resolution 8 MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
MIUI 6 EMS
Microphone with better noise suppression
2200mAh lithium-ion polymer battery from Sony/LG
Redmi 2 came with Battery and adaptor.
My conclusion: I still love my Redmi 2 although the battery still not satisfy me with the price about USD 150 this is the great choice for me, many pros above and little cons still worth to own, ok this wrap up my Redmi 2 review.