I bought Xiaomi Redmi 2 online from Lazada. The main reason I bought this because the price match with pocket and the specs is good enough to support my daily job as IT staff. Below is some great reasons you may find it useful for you:
- 1. Fast internet browsing
- 2. Voice clarity
- 3. Camera with vivid color and good to capture moving objects.
- 4. Glossy look
- 5. 4.7 inch display match with my pocket size
- 6. Radio can on without earphone.
- 7. GPS fast locking
- 8. VPN work using only its build in VPN setting
- 9. Different indicator lamp color for calls messages, and other notification
- Some minor problem I found with Redmi 2:
- Specification of Redmi 2:
1. Fast internet browsing
2. Voice clarity
3. Camera with vivid color and good to capture moving objects.
|Capture moving motorcycles|
|Zoom 6.1x for still object|
|Predict age and gender|
4. Glossy look
5. 4.7 inch display match with my pocket size
6. Radio can on without earphone.
7. GPS fast locking
|I can see the road is not jammed indicated by the green line|
8. VPN work using only its build in VPN setting
|Connect via VPN using their built-in feature|
|Cisco VPN client|
9. Different indicator lamp color for calls messages, and other notification
Some minor problem I found with Redmi 2:
1. I found it’s very hard to open the case by nail. I made a scratch on the casing after I tried to open it with a metal object. So don’t even try it, use a plastic device to open, I finally able to open using plastic spoon help.
2. Mediocre battery life. I am active in using email, camera, and internet. I found it only last a day from 100% to 14% battery life. I went to the office at 6:30 and need to charge it fully at sleep time.
Specification of Redmi 2:
Snapdragon 410 64-bit / 4G Dual SIM / Display 4.7″ IPS HD / Camera 8MP f/2.2
64 bit processor cortex A-53 (better from Cortex A-7)
Up to 150 Mbps download in LTE network IPS Sharp/AUO 4.7″
fully laminated display with 1280×720 resolution 8 MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
MIUI 6 EMS
Microphone with better noise suppression
2200mAh lithium-ion polymer battery from Sony/LG
Redmi 2 came with Battery and adaptor.
My conclusion: I still love my Redmi 2 although the battery still not satisfy me. The price is about USD 150, this is the great choice for me, many pros above and little cons still worth to buy. Ok this wraps up my Redmi 2 review.