Update 26 April 2016:
Now we are using the much better OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client I never had sync problem with this new client, from now on use from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=248256 (version 17.3.6386.0412) this client software support following OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
1. Create temp folder on C: drive
2. Copy OneDriveSetup.exe to c:temponedrivesetup.exe /silent
3. Make sure no onedrive.exe exist on task manager’s process, if exist end task
4. Run c:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalMicrosoftOneDriveOneDrive.exe /configure_business
My Original post April 9 2015:
I always recommend to install OneDrive from your office365 portal ( http://login.microsoftonline.com ). However sometimes we need to install OneDrive offline for reason such as slow internet access to client or your proxy not allow you to install online. The last reason is my case.
Below are steps required to make offline installer for OneDrive for business using office deployment tool.
1. Download ODT from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36778
2. Run officedeploymenttool.exe you just download on step1
3. It will produce a Setup.exe and a configuration.xml file.
4. Create a file to download installation file by make a copy of configuration.xml and rename it as OneDrive_Download.xml.
5. Edit OneDrive_Download.xml and replace the content as below:
6. Run command prompt as administrator (right click and click run as administrator)
7. Above command will download 1.04GB installation files ????
8. Create a file in notepad called OneDrive_Install.xml with content as below
9. Create a file called install.bat with content:
10.You ready to click installation files will look like below:
11. Finish. You just need to double click install.bat to install OneDrive for business offline.
If you don’t have time to do above, or you think above steps are too much, you can download all the “ready to click” installation file from link below, https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn12hobhtfh8dup/OneDrive.zip?dl=0(size is 1.04 GB). Extract the file and double click file install.bat to begin OneDrive offline installation. Using this installation file can save you much time especially when install OneDrive on many computers.
OneDrive sync is not working after installation
If you find the Sync Now button is not working (greyed). Go to office365 portal, click onedrive, after open click on library tab as 2nd below picture, copy the URL and paste on below picture. That will do the trick.
This posting was inspired by Grumpy Monkey on http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/156/t/226361.aspx