Determining where someone will continue his or her education is not an easy thing. This is because the decision will affect their future. If you want to continue your education in the IT field, there are many choices that can be your reference. However, certainly, not everything is good and according to your ability. However, everything will be fine if you choose the Crooms Academy of Information Technology (Crooms AoIT). It is a small school from Sanford, Florida with the address of 2200 Historic Goldsboro Blvd, Sanford, FL 32771, United States.
The Features of Crooms Academy of Information Technology
Crooms Academy of Information Technology (Crooms AoIT) is one of the small senior High School in the US. It enrolls around 650 students (between 2014 and 2015) where Seminole County Public Schools is the party that operates it. The school under Dr. Brandon Hanshaw leadership, dare to releases a laptop for every student. The name of Crooms derives from the founder is that Joseph N. Crooms. He founded the school in 1926 as the county’s first high school for African-American students.
Together with Seminole, Crooms AoIT were banned from operating in the early 1980’s due to behavioral problems including teenage pregnancy. However, the US justice department agreed to reopen Seminole in 2003. In addition to opening Seminole, the policy also rebuilt Crooms and turned them into an IT Academy. This academy has a two-story building where the base floor is for classrooms and laboratory. First fist floor is for cafeteria with a computer lab and four classrooms. Meanwhile, the second floor provides a cozy gym for the students. Although the building is small it loads for 700 students.
In clearly, here are the features of Crooms Academy of Information Technology (Crooms AoIT):
1. The academy has cooperated with HP brand to supply laptop for the students. When the student’s laptop damage, the school will provide a desktop computer during the repairing.
2. The students own school’s cyber center as the standard high school library. It facilitates them providing a comfortable place and charging station to study with their laptop.
3. The campus provides an iMac lab for students as the core and elective classes. The students can use the lab to develop several multimedia projects such as Mac OS. Additionally, they can use it to edit videos and make podcasts.
4. Each class except the computer laboratory has SMARTBoards where the function is to save the lesson to the computer. Then, you can upload it to the e-campus from the computer. Students also get SCPS as the online education system. The facility, of course, eases the students to access and download the lesson both at school and at home.
5. Lots of students show their skills with creating the website and other computer programs as the result of their learning.
Crooms Academy of Information technology opens four grades from 9 to 12. It has colors of orange and maroon with Panther as the mascot. If you need a sport, you can take some types. It is such as volleyball, football for boys and girls, cross country, basketball, bowling, track, swimming, and basketball. Make this school pioneer your talent in the field of information technology.