Samsung’s Recovery Mode
Okay, today in this tutorial i wanna show you how to enter recovery mode on specified Samsung devices, recovery mode required for manual factory data reset (you can do factory data reset automatically on setting à backup and reset à factory data reset), install custom rom (CWM or TWRP required!), and many more!
For galaxy note device ( Note 1, 2, 3, 4 All Variant ) and Galaxy S device ( S, S2, S3, S4, S5 All Variant )
1. First, turn off your device (make sure your device completely turned off!!, or take off the battery from your phone)
2. Then, (if you take your battery off, put on your phone now) press hold this 3 buttons
volume up(+) and home button and power/lock button
*For tab devices (tab 1, tab 2, or any device that don’t have home button) only hold the volume up(+) and power button
Press the 3 buttons together until your phone turned on, release the button.
Tadaaaaaaa, now you’re on recovery mode
Usually use the volume button to go up and down option, and use power/lock button to choose (on stock recovery) on custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or PhilZ you can touch the option that available.
Download Mode/Odin Mode
Your first question maybe what is Odin mode?
Odin mode is condition where your Samsung’s firmware is ready to be flashed by Odin software or other similar software. Odin mode or download mode is special term for Samsung devices, so whenever you hear about Odin mode it will relate to Samsung mobile devices.
This mode is for flashing new original stock ROM/firmware or custom recovery (not all device support custom recovery!) and, this is to check whether your samsung device is original or replica
- For galaxy note device ( Note 1, 2, 3, 4 All Variant ) and Galaxy S device ( S, S2, S3, S4, S5 All Variant ) and for any Samsung devices ( only on Samsung android phone! This mode is not available on LG, HTC and other brand )
Same like recovery mode, but the combination button is different.
- First, turn off your Samsung phone, take off the battery (only for removable device, if not, just turn it off.)
- Then, ( put on the battery back if you taken it off )
- Then, press this combination buttons:
volume down(-) and home button and power/lock button
*For tab devices (tab 1, tab 2, or any device that don’t have a home button) only hold the volume down(-) and power button
– Press the 3 buttons TOGETHER until your phone turned on, release the button.
- A warning sign will show
If you accidentally press the volume up, don’t worry, press the power/lock button untill your device rebooting (restarting) or until your device turned off.
*some device are restarting after hold the power/lock button, and some are turned off, so, don’t worry 😀